Saturday, March 19, 2016

Alnwick adventure

Alnwick and blue skies for my visit :)




alone and capable (and in a public loo once more)






So part of this whole solo travel thing is to prove to myself that yes, I can still go places by myself. Although I'm missing my boys, I'm also quietly excited at having some measure of independence for the first time in more than a decade.

As part of the grand adventure and stretching myself, I booked into a cottage in Alnwick for a couple of nights, planning to visit the Alnwick Gardens and Barter Books to keep me entertained. And also to live like a recluse, getting up when I wanted to and going to bed ditto. Eating whatever I wanted and whenever for two glorious days ...



And I did.
I logged over 10,000 steps each day on my fitness tracker, managed to complete some work assignments, visited both the gardens and the bookshop ... and totally enjoyed myself ... alone.

Sometimes it is very difficult to keep on believing in yourself - that you are a confident, competent adult who has achieved a lot, is completely capable and a decent person with the right to hold an opinion. This mini break came at just the right time. Mastering a manual right-hand drive car and driving on the wrong side of the road, navigating to several destinations, keeping my self fed, entertained, safe, relaxed ... it was just the boost I needed and at the right time too.
I can still do this stuff!
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!