Tuesday, May 19, 2009

inventory

flotsam brooch - dill pickle wannabe in profile
There aren't many wire crochet artists in my neighbourhood, and thos that I have seen all tend to be different ..... which impresses me. I teach wire crochet classes at my local bead shop, Beadworks in Newport Village, and none of the students have produced identical pieces. Everyone has their own style for mixing colours, stones, and glass together.
It's all so unusual that taking part in craft fairs is very interesting since my work doesn't compete with many of the other jewelers. It also means that most of the buyers attending may not be interested in a new form of adornment!
But it's my niche! and my work has been accepted for inclusion in the craft boutique at my local art centre. So this week I have to sort through my inventory to select items for the shop. Very exciting!






ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!