Thursday, May 21, 2009

marketing








... and let me be the first to admit that my marketing is non-existent and would be marked 'could do better'.


I still haven't gotten a real handle on what I can do effectively with my time and efforts in this manner. I've tried Project Wonderful in a dibs and dabs manner and not really noticed that many hits coming from it (note to self: target ad placement better). I blog and twitter and notice incomings from my stat counters. I add items to GoogleBase using ecrater and artfire's auto function.


What's my next step?


Locally I've found that just being around, chatting, taking classes and wearing my designs out and about has worked well. This afternoon the collection above is taking up residence in its new home, the craft boutique at the Port Moody Art Centre, where the pieces will be on sale thru the summer. In addition to this venue there are two other local bricks and mortar retailers carrying my work and I'm hoping for a few more craft fairs this summer.


Then after Christmas maybe I'll set up a marketing plan ..... who knows?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, I can totally relate to the marketing thing. I feel like I am everywhere but nowhere. I think we are ont he right track though and it does take time. right now, I seem to be doing best at a local shop. Doing an art show (community art show) Aug 1 & 2. Hope to do some sales there. Can't consistently commit to farmers markets.
Can I ask how you are dealing with your local stores... commission? if so what are you giving them... if you want to share that with me you can DM on twitter. Good luck on the local stores....oh, your link to Port Moody Garden Center is not good. check and see....

Project Wonderful....how much work is that on your part. Thought about it, but afraid of not being on top of it and not doing a good job. or with putting ads on other sites...paying too much....hhmmm
Now I think I,m rambling..... Let's keep on keepin on!
Crystal

pomomama said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment Crystal. My local efforts seem to be paying off much better than online right now but I think that's because my marketing in person is better than remote. In answer to your question, all the shops I sell thru are on consignment at various rates.
Thanks for the heads up on the garden centre link (will check).
Project Wonderful - I need to target my ads more, but it's not too scary. You can set limits on expenditure either daily or for the duration of the campaign. It won't bankrupt you!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!