Friday, May 11, 2007

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ............................

OK rant time.

On Tuesday I completely screwed up the whole family's evening by attending the jury for the upcoming Coquitlam Farmers' Market (as well as taking a sizeable chunk of time away from my normal domestic duties to prepare for it too). I arrived on time, nervous, handed over my basket of goodies for judging and was told to return at 7.30pm instead of 8pm when jurying should be completed.
DH, wee man and I toddled off to a local pizza place for dinner.
At 7.30pm I was back at the jury room. At 7.50pm I eventually got my basket back and yippee! I was approved!

Happy dance! A regular selling venue for the summer ....... so I bought a new folding table and stocked up on some chocs for the market on Mothers' Day which I had signed up for.

Made my banner ("sellers will be warned for not having a banner") and thought about some new business cards. Feverishly made some more inventory. Turned down an offer for a table at a craft fair this weekend in Vancouver. Got excited.

Then this evening the market co-ordinator phones. "We're sorry but all our dates are full for jewelry so we don't have any space for you."

Well thanks a bunch. Thanks a big fat f***ing bunch!

It turns out that the market takes bookings from the previous year's sellers first before opening up for other vendors. So when I juried earlier this week jewelry was already full. What a huge waste of time.

So I'm expecting to get my cheques back real soon but probably no compensation for the market I turned down because I thought I was committed elsewhere. Stoopid me!
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!