Friday, May 28, 2010

friday forte: little words and short sentences

mr and mrs ebb
family portrait by the Wee Guy


.... were all that were needed.
I was berating myself for going off at the deep end over being let down over some childcare arrangements, being annoyed with myself for reacting so badly when in fact it was such a small matter. I felt I should be coping with more grace but in fact, I was deeply hurt. It was The End of The World!


When I had finished being annoyed with myself my husband paused, then filled in a silence, saying, "But for you it was the last straw which broke the camel's back."


That little sentence, those few words ... and I realised he had been listening and had understood what I was saying.
Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so important to have someone to listen to us, isn't it?

(I love that photo!)

pomomama said...

Being listened to makes so much difference. I don't want solutions, ideas or admonishment - I just want to know that I've been heard and understood.

PS: the Wee Guy takes startlingly good portraits of us, I think it's cos we're beaming back with parental pride at him and the camera

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!