Thursday, March 31, 2011

self portrait thursday: getting political

Today's proclamation from the liberals re: extra funding for the provinces for childcare, ECE educator training ...

My thoughts?
Nice, but what about spending the money supporting all families whether they wish to contract out their child care or not? Tax breaks, paying the at-home parent, incentives for business to establish family-friendly employment measures would all greatly assist families of school-age children.

And to the critics who whine about not wanting their tax dollars to subsidise someone else's child care? Fine, as long as you don't expect me to subsidise the early years and formal education of the gastroenterologist who will take care of your colon cancer in your old age.

BTW, I'm not a political animal, but my very first federal election as a Canadian citizen is coming up and I can vote.


ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!