Saturday, March 19, 2011

saturday shout at: not very sociable media


 No, it's not a typo.
This is an awful example of why it's best not to automate certain features in social media.


Yesterday morning, my guinea pig died.
This morning, 'piggybacking' on the back of one of my anguished tweets yesterday, @EcoMentor sends me a link to the website of a certain Candia Lea Cole promoting eco-intelligent eating.


Somehow, tweeting about the death of my guinea pig is a good promotional opportunity for Ms Lea Cole so she can spam me with her advertising materials.

"CAN WE BRING ENVIRONMETALLY (sic) DAMAGING ACTIVITIES UNDER CONTROL ... ?" asks Ms Cole on her site.
Might I humbly suggest reigning in your twitter autobot (and practicing some elementary proofreading*) to avoid offending any more people first before tackling greater nutritional issues?


*note to self: a little bit of proofreading here wouldn't go amiss either :)
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!