Friday, June 25, 2010

friday forte: the division of labour

pi trio crazy stack
crazy stack of felted pi pots

I look after the dinner, the meal prep, the groceries, adequate nutrition and balanced meals.

I look after the housework, the house maintenance, the running repairs and seasonal changes.

I look after the Wee Guy; I'm there in the morning to feed him breakfast and send him out of the door with a packed lunch; I'm there in the afternoon to collect him from school, wrangle homework, a healthy snack and explanations from him.

I look after the pets, topping up bowls, emptying bowls (and worse), washing bowls.

I look after the social needs of the family. I program playdates, I know who goes where with whom, when and how. I facilitate our entertainment needs fulfillment.

I look after the health department - I know which doctor we go to, I know where the walk-in clinics are and how to get to ER (and when). I look after the medical supplies, vitamins, bandages, Tylenol and paper tissues. I look after vaccination schedules and holiday health insurance.

I look after the special events. I look after the gift buying for all. I look after the gift wrapping (except when we ran out a few christmases ago), gift receiving and thank yous.

I look after the budget. I look after the finances and the cash flow that I don't generate. I look after the bills, the savings and the the financial worries.

I look after the big picture.
I look after the details.
I look after the minutiae of living.
I look after the things you do not see.


.... who looks after me?

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!