Monday, June 14, 2010

in, around and in spite of my family

my first shibori
my first attempt at shibori!

I admit - it is all about me.
In my wanton pursuit of crafting happiness I was willing to drag my son, the Wee Guy, to a totally self-indulgent shibori workshop ........ which we both enjoyed.
  • quality time - check
  • play time - check
  • crafting time - check
  • spending time with my son time - check
  • in, around and in spite of the family - check!

multi-tasking ....... bring it on!

shibori: KoolAid version
KoolAid dyed shibori silk by the Wee Guy
 

4 comments:

Diana said...

Hi,

What lovely colours! I remember dying my hair with kool-aid as a kid!

I think I met you the other week at the Fab Fair and I told you about my brand new website efreeme.com (to sell handmade items for free). I just wanted to remind you that right now we're giving away $5 if you create a store and list 20 items!

Have a lovely week!

Diana

pomomama said...

the dye workshop was a great introduction to something new.
yes, you did meet me at FabFair - thanks for the reminder and good luck with your website

Anonymous said...

I saw the info for that workshop and it sounded great. I'm a sucker for all things silk. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

pomomama said...

I'm glad I 'signed up' for the workshop. I get so focused on my own little niche that I tend to ignore other crafts. This one was fascinating and I think Wee Guy and I will be doing some more over the summer

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!