Sunday, October 19, 2008

just off the pins


just off the pins, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

I've not been doing that much jewelry work recently (though I am setting up another batch of ACS leaves - see my portable crafting blog for details) but have been getting heavily into the knitting/crochet world. A new yarn shop, Black Sheep Yarns has opened locally and it is a goldmine of the most incredible yarns, including some from one of my favourite handspinners/dyers, Yummy Yarn.

Anyway, Just finished this last night (and oh boy did I stay up late just cos I was getting to the end of the ball)
drop stitch scarf in Noro Silk Garden Lite (silk/kid mohair/lamb's wool) on 6mm needles.

It was a dream to knit up, the pattern is gorgeous and I love the texture formed by the thick/thin ply of the yarn with the drop stitch 'waves'. I am also totally in love with the colours (colour no. 2027 if anyone is interested).

I'm going to be pairing this with one of my
flotsam or wire crochet brooches.

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!