Thursday, June 25, 2015

SPT 25jun15: ready for the summer


http://ift.tt/1LGD3s3

Somehow ... I managed to grab some time to celebrate the end of the school year and the start of summer with my Wee Guy before hurrying back to the keyboard.
Somehow .... I thought I had planned how to cram in my hours of work this week.
Somehow ... mr ebb managed to forget to take the Wee Guy to catch his bus this morning.
So, what should have been maybe an hour that I could spend cramming work into minutes, ticking off some hours, became nil.
Tomorrow, it's all up to me too.
Next week, I'm expecting ditto though I did book the Wee Guy into a couple of half day camps in anticipation. I'll be working weekends to put in my hours.

Just after the shot above, I had a mini meltdown, trying to explain to the Wee Guy that I hate being the parent who is always too busy to do x, y and z. I don't want this for the summer but it's true - I am always too busy, trying to cram in the hours, catch up with the stuff, putting the domestic scene to rights ... to be quite honest, I'm sick of this scenario.

I could cut back so I have more time to give my family, but quite honestly - I've cut back so much over the years. What I do now is paid anyway, and I cut back on my personal time to cope domestically. However, right now I've cut out so much personal time that all that's left is the paid time owing to someone else. I'm totally sick of having to ask, to point out when I can't manage, that I need him to step up rather than it being an automatic action. This morning was yet another disappointment, and I'm furious with myself that I expected anything different.

I maximise my time, cramming work hours into all the nooks and crannies of the day, so that I'm available - available for what? replacing light bulbs, replacing groceries, keeping a stock of bus tickets, running to the bus stop, being at home, mending domestic this, organising domestic that, planning domestic this, spotting needs ahead of time, reminding this, nagging that, picking up the pieces, taking in the slack ...
One of my housemates is too young to know (right now, he's scrambling eggs for lunch, so maybe he was listening ...); the other should be more aware and more respectful.
Here's to stopping all of the busyness this summer!
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!