Monday, February 17, 2014

midlife monday: fantastical bird


fantastical bird, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

I'm wondering if my true feathers will be on display soon. I seem to have been hiding the fantastical plumage of old for such a long time under dowdy and utilitarian feathers that let me blend.
Can I still dazzle, that's the question?
A few years ago I'd have questioned whether I ever dazzled at all, but now I'm more confident that yes, I am competent ... better than competent.
Instead of an abrupt turnaround, I seem to have tapped into the slow movement - not slow food, or slow craft but slow development, slow rebirth, slow realisation of past glory ... and I don't feel like I'm bragging about the glory bit. It's just a question of how you define glory.
And I feel I have been pretty glorious in my life so far ... on occasion ... a little more than sporadically ...
There's more to come too.

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!