Friday, February 12, 2010

friday forte - bless you

It's been a week (understatement).
No exercise bragging in this post (thank goodness, I hear you cry) cos we've had a cough/cold so bad that the Wee Guy started upchucking and I took to my bed. So exercise would probably be A Very Bad Idea right now (anyways, there's a sporting event happening round here so all the sporty energy is being maintained, just not in this house).
I have however, managed a spurt of efficiency and submitted pieces for no fewer than five jury processes. The list includes pics for a book (oh the digital image hoopla), my first call for artists (still not firmly in the 'i am an artist' camp), a couple of selling venues and a new workshop proposal. Thinking positively.
Also on the 'hobby' front I've almost finished a new asymmetric 'mermaid' necklace, delivered two-thirds of content for an evening class and been accepted for a craft fair (which I now have to work out how to pay for with Vancouver snarled up in the aforementioned sporting event).
We've also taken in the olympic torch relay, one board meeting for Family Place, a visit to ER and I managed a most brutal wardrobe cull (no time for regrets as the cast offs are now safely at the trift store (gulp).
Did I mention I was solo parenting all this week?

Next week I'll be back in control of my mid-life crisis, I promise.
forte!


6 comments:

Bex said...

sorry to hear it's been tough this week big sis. Sounds like you and the lad have coped though. Well done and big hugs all round.

pomomama said...

Thanks lil sis, life slows right down when we're sick so it hasn't been too bad thought the trip to ER (in the middle of a playdate nonetheless) was the icing on the cake!! He's fine, I've got some work completed and the man is now home.
Normal service will be resumed soon enough.
PS: hope I get some feedback on all the submissions soon though or I will implode with anticipation

Anonymous said...

Well done on the efficiency front. When you consider that you're solo parenting, it's especially impressive. Here's hoping that next week is a little less eventful for you, all the same.

pomomama said...

Thanks Amber. I should truly admit that I was solo-parenting with the aid of a full school day and one afternoon of after-school care.
I think I also must have been in your head (!) when you wrote your Thing-Doer blog post and decided to be proactive. I have also been working on making my 'working' day more efficient since the christmas "break" (dry laugh at that one).

Bex said...

You are truly an inspiration big sis xxxooo

pomomama said...

not feeling very inspiring right now ...... (though i'm sure my mid-life crisis will be an inspiration for all!)

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!