Friday, August 13, 2010

friday forte: happy and content


happy birthday me, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

Right now I'm happy and somewhat content.
It's a nice feeling.
It's not that there's nothing to write about but I just thought you might like to know that it's not all angst in world.
Right now I'm feeling happy.
There are still Things I Need To Do.
I still don't have nearly enough time in the day to get them done (some very strict self-scheduling required here).
There are still aspects of my life as a SAHM which I would love to change.
And I'd still like some sympathy and understanding of what I have been going through. I don't want solutions or commiserations; I'd just like you to say, "Yes, it sucks. I'm sorry it's been happening to you. I don't like it when someone I care about is going through a bad patch."
I don't want to be told to 'pull myself together' or to 'quit griping, there are those worse off than you' or that my problems are either nothing or are my own fault.

And I hope that I can remember this when I meet someone else going through a troublesome time.

PS: the birthday's next week; chocolate, cheques, bath goodies, fine wines, iPods, smartphones, etc. can be mailed to the usual address ..... ;)

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!