Sunday, December 14, 2008

brass monkey weather


ice around the hot tub, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

Oh yes indeed! Running at a cool minus 20C for most of today, extremities were in mortal peril.

However, the snow here in Silver Star is amazing. The runs are well groomed and I'm having a blast remembering how to snowboard. When I added up how long it has been since I was last on my board I nearly fell off (OK I did have a pretty good wipe out on the first chair lift) - it's been about 3 years since I was last on any of my boards (right - boards. I have a super cute Freedom 51 = ancient freeride board, a little like the Supermodel, a beautiful old asymmetric PJ 4.9 and an awesome Burton Factory Prime).
I had a great day out with Mr ebb (the wee guy was in ski school all day!!!) remembering to bend the knees, not handbag with my trailing arm, upweight my turns and even had a go riding switch.


Odd facts you might not know about ebbandflo - I have both
CASI Basic Level One and level one race coach qualifications!

But all in all, it was a freezing day, necessitating buying extra warm layers (not needed since our days of riding in
Tremblant) and eating high calorie snacks frequently (sadly not including the fine dining we used to 'come home' to at Auberge la Porte Rouge).

And freezing days on snow must always end up in the hot tub, where I acquired some new grey streaks (ice, not peroxide).
hair freezes

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!