Tuesday, January 01, 2013

partymouse 2013


partymouse, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

So long 2012, and thanks for all the fun, the experiences, the good times and the bad - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Last year I completed another six college courses, shook myself out of my personal comfort zone, and learned more about myself, my dreams and how I'm going to fit them in, around and in spite of my family.

I stopped looking for permission to make a move, and learned to trust myself more.

I found out that I can work outside the home; what's more, I loved it. I felt competent, learned lots and discovered that I haven't wasted my time in acquiring new skills.

My family learned what it's like to have a non-SAHM -- they survived. Now they share my job-search frustration.

In the last 12 months I applied for jobs, applied to (and presented at) a Pecha Kucha, presented in gallery exhibitions, and showed off the fabulous work of the Blackberry Artist's Society via social media.

mr ebb and I celebrated (yes, really!) 21 years of being together, 19 years of marriage and nine years of parenthood.

I got nominated, salaried (briefly), wrote reviews and made peace with myself.

In 2012 I lived a life, my life.
Here's to more of it in 2013.
Bring.it.on.

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!