Monday, February 01, 2010

doctor's knickers

Yup - it was a doctor's knickers day for me (and I just know that around the world lots of other women are sniggering at this titbit, nodding knowingly whilst their menfolks are looking bewildered - relax guys!). Personally speaking, it's one of the few days in a year when having matching undies matters. 'Nuff said.

Anways, doc's appointment was In Town so I got a peaceful morning drive into pre-olympics Vancouver with nothing but CBC Radio One for company. Interesting snippets on The Current, including this one by Raj Patel on how modern capitalism functions on women performing their work unpaid (listen to the part two podcast).

Other interesting news, a great summary of the new EI laws for self-employed folks in Canada by Amber and a notice of intention from me: I'll be switching over the business side of blogging to my other blog, Portable Crafting so I can get some separation of rants from bootiful jewellery marketing thus injecting some professional integrity :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. And yes, I hear you on the doctor's knickers. Although I'm pretty sure the doctor never actually SEES them, since I change into the gown before she enters the room, and yet I persist.

pomomama said...

re: dr's knickers - i never realised until yesterday morning just how important a matching set of undies is!!!!
;)

and a pleasure, the link is v useful (let me know if you're planning anything similar about the HST!)

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!