Thursday, December 13, 2007

muse - flotsam in progress (crafting 365 d79)

OOAK made for Tanis, my fibre muse!

I first met Tanis at the first Vancouver Etsy chicks meet up organised by Poppy held one hot summer evening on Commercial Drive.

We had a gift swap and I got Tanis's crafty offering. It was this awesome length of felt, wool, silk and tencel.

What great timing! I had already been looking for ways to combine fibre with my wire work and Tanis's felt really inspired me. It's from this chance gifting that the flotsam cuffs developed and my love of all things fibre/metal.

flotsam cuff - muse

Since then Tanis and I have collaborated at a couple of craft fairs, continuing the metal and fibre theme.

Tanis - happy selling in 2008! Please visit her shop - it's stuffed with all sorts of arty goodness which you will love!

3 comments:

msbelle said...

Had to pop in to say Happy Holidays!

jodie said...

Wow! What a really cool piece. Have a great holiday! J x

PAC said...

I love Tanis' work too! Just found your blog! Happy holidays!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!