Monday, June 13, 2011

midlife monday: volunteering towards my goal

In one swift stroke of the pen er, keyboard I'll dismiss the 'goal' part of the title since I'm not really sure where I'm heading. But I do know it's somewhere with writing, either arts or science (or both). To this end, I've been focusing my volunteer efforts into areas which expand my skill set and contribute to some kind of portfolio, in addition to giving me a quasi-work-experience type of vibe.The piece below is from a blog I run for a local artist's co-operative which I'm a member of (no, I don't always include my own work!). It's given me great experience in setting up, contributing to and maintaining a non-profit social media network. I'm still finding my voice with the tweeting (so hard when it's not for yourself) but the blogging is finding its own pace.

Don't Forget: Father's Day Is Coming Up: "

Still Creek Skiff by Tracy Riddell, wood intarsia puppy by Del Holbrook
Don't forget, Father's Day is coming up soon (that's Sunday, 19th June to be precise). Although dads can be a little trickier to buy for, not all of them want a laz-e-boy recliner (or however it's spelt in the flyers arriving since mid May) or golf equipment.

by Pat de Couto
Why not take a trip to your friendly neighbourhood artisan artist co-operative gift shop (yes, that's us) for some truly original one-of-a-kind handmade gift choices? We have some great wood intarsia art, stunning driftwood carvings and even some classy sterling silver cufflinks on offer.
As your one-stop gift buying experience, we also have re-usable cloth gift bags and a selection of art cards to complete your purchase.

Happy Father's Day - we're better than furniture!

"
ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!