Sunday, October 11, 2009

fallen leaves

Happy Thanksgiving - it's my first as a Canadian so yes, we'll be doing the pumpkin, sweet potato stuff etc (but i do draw the line at turkey).

BTW, about turkey - local readers might like to know that Thrifty Foods at Suter Brook will take christmas orders for turkey and have it available for pick up prior to christmas. This solves my traditional "racing around for the christmas bird" dilemma.

.... but back to thanksgiving. It might be a family occasion but I would quite like mine out of the house for a while so I can finish the housework. Also, since no close family are nearby, we haven't been riven with arguments over whose Thanksgiving dinner(s) we should attend. That doesn't seem to be quite such a brilliant part of the tradition, eh?

.... and we're importing family this year for christmas.
voila! problem solved

PS: i'll be out and about (or oot and aboot) looking for maple leaves to clad in fine silver again - tis the season for maple leaf painting)
out with the slurry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely leaves.

Although I do have to say, it's hard for me to believe it's a traditional Thanksgiving without the turkey. I eat it out of spite, myself, as I don't really like it. Of course, you do totally get a pass if you're a vegetarian.

pomomama said...

Thanks Amber, and oops! for the faux pas re: no turkey. It just seems such a huge extravagant bird for only 2.5 diners. We will be eating turkey at Christmas tho since my lil' sis is coming for a visit and there will be a critical mass of bellies to fill.

msbelle said...

OMG, how beautiful!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're one of the most talented women I know. :)

pomomama said...

Ginger, thank you. This is a compliment I cherish as you are one of the most artistic jewelry makers I know! Your work really does stand out in its class and style.

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!