Thursday, June 05, 2008

reflections part 1


reflections part 1, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

..... or my quest to photograph my shiny projects (or push me into making everything with a matte finish) continues!

I took these using a masked off flash (used an opaque piece of white plastic over the flash bulb). Turned to the side, this method worked as there was very little glare back into the lens and more of the copper fusing detail is apparent.

reflections part 2
When I tried the same thing in my very primitive white box (ahem, it's not yet even a box but I'm working on it!) the flash really bounced back - either mask out the flash more or work on another work around methinks!

sterling silver posts with fused copper inlay and facetted glass dangles (not quite for sale yet - must get off my butt and list some pieces!)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Here I am being drawn out of "lurkdom" again! I hate my flash because it is so harsh, so I take pictures near a window to get accurate colors. Many of your pieces on Etsy (cufflinks, mocha swirl lampwork earrings) look great already. You can gently bump up the brightness/contrast settings with your photo software to get brighter whites without the harsh glare of flash or direct sunlight.

pomomama said...

I'm open to all hints on this and thanks for your compliments! I'm pleased with the way the flash has been masked but need to work more on the white background now. I usually use vellum paper to diffuse the sunlight at a window and have been working thru the program mode on my camera. It's slowly improving but the reflections on the shinier pieces have been driving me nuts. I also have very little time to concentrate solely on photography so it's getting done in bits and pieces!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!