Thursday, May 30, 2013

spt30may13: looking up?


spt30may13, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

Looking up from under a new do. Yes, I've had my hair expertly chopped back (by Jen from Volution Salon, of course) to the same style as when I 'landed' in Canada over a decade ago. It still sticks up dramatically but is now more salt and pepper than bright red; the highlights this time are natural.

Are things looking up?
I think so.
I'm on yet another cusp.
As life progresses incrementally two steps forward and one-and-a-half back, I seem to be moving in the right direction.

I now have a freelance gig going on and am thoroughly enjoying it.
I had not one but two job interviews on Tuesday this week.
Last week brought a couple of Really Interesting Conversations which could potentially eventually perhaps lead to some things productive.
Yesterday I delivered seven (yes - 7) pieces for an art exhibition following a blinding rush of creativity.
My college writing program is being axed, but I should be able to carry work over into a new post-degree program that is scripted to run during more family-friendly hours.
I think I know more now about what I don't want, and what I am prepared to set aside, and how that actually seems OK with me.
And home seems an appealing place to be around.

But, even though the forward motion seems microscopic, I feel like I'm making more progress than I have in a long time.

Looking up? Why, yes.

thrifted stripey asymmetric cardi (Suzi Shier); artisan glass necklace (Mojacar, Spain); gently-used long sleeve top (Gap); repurposed filigree metal earrings (gift)

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!