Tuesday, July 19, 2011

tuesday: out on the tiles


him and me, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

fractured views

Soaking up the old town in Edinburgh today with the Wee Guy. Managed two rooftop viewings of the area, one from the Camera Obscura rooftop patio and the other once we'd climbed all 287 steps (my crosstraining moment for the day - went out for a gentle 30 min run yesterday) up the Scott Monument. Weather - cloudy but with reasonable views so the ascents were worthwhile. From the top of both I could see Aberdour peeking out from behind Inchcolm Island.

We're both "on holiday" - Wee Guy's spending his pocket money on UK comics, and I'm twitchy from a relative lack of online time. I don't think my dependency is excessive or deleterious, but I'm not altogether comfortable with being quite so unwired. On a plus point though, the alternative ie. more time with the Wee Guy, working on our (non-electronic, gasp) journal projects is enjoyable. I am however, missing the writing, photo uploading, and blogging/tweeting ad nauseum but I do need a good night's sleep. Jet lag almost conquered (tempting fate)?

zzzzz

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!