Saturday, June 09, 2012

shout-out saturday: poetry and tears, Save the Skinny Girls

future heartbreaker?
It's still all about me, but maybe it's happened to someone else too?

So ... I was sitting quietly in Starbucks last Sunday, savouring the peace over my decaf and resigned to mr ebb returning with the Wee Guy Any Moment Now. I looked down at my netbook, surprised to find sploshy wet stuff covering the keys as I read the beautiful Save the Skinny Girls by Print Futures classmate Sharon Miki (congrats on the recent graduation).

Hands up. I'm first to admit to being no poetry buff, but her poem, Love Song for Costco Merchandisers, took me right back to 15, 19, 23, 26 years old - pulling me back into the desolation of everyone-but-me being happy in love, and wanting it so bad I'd put up with any old shit (and I did, even the fractures).

And then I remembered, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Courage grasshopper :)

Go buy her book (Kindle edition available here) - you will love it.

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!