Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day


rose hips frost, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

A year ago we were combating jet lag to enjoy a good old scottish festive season. I was dismayed at the levels of hoar frost considered normal and also at how short the days were but enjoying being with my family for Christmas for the first time in over a decade.

This year we're all but snowed in as Lower Mainland enjoys (?) record snow accumulation .... but we don't have to go anywhere so life is generally relaxed right now.

This is one of the photographs I took last year (just over a week before I went deaf ... but that's another story) of some rose hips caught by a sudden overnight frost. I eventually got around to making a necklace inspired by the red berries by the next winter. I guess I'll be listing it soon in my new artfire studio so stay tuned!winter hips - nights are drawing in

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!