Thursday, January 03, 2008

resolutions ancient and modern

This is me, just back in from a run (trying to rid myself of 'christmas arse syndrome' and get fit and live up to my sole new year's resolution to complete at least one triathlon this year). I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep resolutions simple, singular and plausible. The triathlon one though covers my usual multitude (drink more water, get fit, lose weight, rediscover my abs, become cheerful ...) so I'm trying to multi-task even with my good intentions.

Another recommendation for healthy and contented living this coming year also stressed the importance of not commuting (easy enough for a SAHM), being traditional (i'm the one at home) and admitting mistakes. The scottish Daily Mail's science editor also advised counting your blessings, simplifying your life, avoiding shopping and that "the secret in drinking is to find the balance between champagne and carrot juice" ........ though the latter may more correctly be attributed to Julia Roberts.

.... and look what the weather is doing outside - snow, sleet, hail, ice, rain - welcome to bonnie scotland!

1 comment:

msbelle said...

Bonnie Scotland! I still want to visit it sometime!

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!