Sunday, April 03, 2011

happy mother's day (the UK edition)

from my parents' garden
Today is Mothering Sunday back in the UK.
Of course I slept in then was 'surprised' by a phone call from my mum wishing herself a happy mother's day. Luckily efficient old me had remembered to pack some goodies into the parcel recently dispatched for my dad's birthday so I wasn't completely in the dog house :)

And here's the rest of your 'present' - my granola recipe (which I have remember I promised you but so far not delivered on).



extending the mothering to her grandson
Homemade Granola

3 cups of giant rolled oats (the big flakes)
1 cup of slivered almonds1 cup of shredded coconut
1 cup (or more) of nuts - I use cashews, almonds, macadamias, pine nuts
half a cup of seeds e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame (optional)
a generous quarter cup of brown sugar
a generous quarter cup of maple syrup
a quarter cup of canola oil
a generous cup of dried fruit (sultanas, cranberries, cherries, and so on)




  1. Combine the dry ingredients.
  2. Whisk together the maple syrup and oil.
  3. Combine the dry with the wet and stir well.
  4. Pour the mix onto two baking sheets and spread out.
  5. Bake in the oven (250F) for 75 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
  6. Remove from oven and mix in dried fruit to plump up.
  7. Store in airtight container once cool.
  8.  
Bon appetit :)
this mummy's been a bit busy recently

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!